The GE Placement Estimator uses multiple measures to estimate your placement in general education math and/or English courses in your first year of college. The evaluation of academic readiness is not a condition for admission to the California State University, but it is an important process for determining the best course placement for first-time freshmen.
- The California State University no longer uses ACT or SAT examinations in determining admission eligibility for all CSU campuses.
- If accepted to a CSU campus, ACT or SAT test scores can be used as one of the measures to place students in the appropriate mathematics or English (written communication) courses.
- For more information on admission criteria, please visit the First-Time Freshman Guidance and the First-Time Freshman Frequently Asked Questions pages.
To use the GE Placement Estimator you will need:
- Applicable standardized test scores, if available:
- For English: (CAASPP/EAP, ACT, SAT, AP)
- For Math: (CAASPP/EAP, ACT, SAT, AP, IB, CLEP)
- High school transcripts
- College transcripts, if you attended the community college while in high school
Helpful resources to guide you through the GE Estimator:
- GPA Calculator
- Academic Preparation Brochure
- CAASPP/EAP Score Report
Please Note: Final placement determination is made by the admitting campus you choose to attend based on your standardized test results if available and "a-g" completed coursework as reported on Cal State Apply.